The Studio Recitals are THIS Saturday, April 13 at River Terrace Church in East Lansing (Address: 1509 River Terrace, East Lansing, MI 48823). Recital times are 9:00a and 10:45a - please note the time for the second recital. Admission is free and you are welcome to invite family and friends!
Here is some helpful information for the day of the recital:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your recital time; this is very important if you are one of the first 3 performers listed in the program!
- Attire: please wear "dressy casual" or above to the recital
- Upon arrival, drop off your post-recital refreshments in the gym (light, finger-type foods for at least 2-3 dozen people) - a highlight to many of the student performers!
- Proceed to the sanctuary/recital hall. Printed programs will be available by each recital hall entrance
- You are welcome to sit wherever you like during the performance, but remember to sit in the front row during the performance immediately preceding yours (if you are listed first in the your program, please be already seated in the front row at the beginning of the program)
- For your Performance: Walk around the bench, check your distance and take a deep breath! Take your time - no need to rush…. and whatever happens, keep on going - you are well-prepared!
- SMILE and bow at the end of your performance. :)
POST-RECITAL and OTHER INFO:
- Join us for the reception after each recital, and please keep food and drink in the gym, per the request of River Terrace's staff.
- If you are able to come early, stay between recitals, or stay after to help set up/clean up that would be very much appreciated.
- Videos and pictures are allowed during the performance. Please be mindful of those around you.
- Each recital will last approximately 75 minutes. Please stay for the entire program, per proper recital etiquette. If you have been in separate communication with me and you must leave early or during the program, please wait at least two performers after your student's performance before leaving, sit towards the back of the sanctuary, and exit in between performances using only the back doors to exit.
- Spring Semester sign up and registration will be available in the gym, and is also available online at diaz.school Winter Semester begins the week of April 29, 2019. The 5-week Spring Semester class schedule will have some classes consolidated but, for the most part, will be a continuation of this Winter Semester.
- Have fun and help foster the atmosphere of encouragement and support for your student, as well as other students.
Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you again for allowing me to serve as your piano teacher!